If you are looking for a high fibre diet, this Char-grilled BBQ Chicken Skewers with Couscous Salad is full of it! A serve of this contains almost half your daily dietary fibre requirements. Now that’s a great combination with a good amount of protein.
South Australia’s online butchers Meat At The Mount offers a selection of Bbq Chicken marinated meat and skewers. Check out what we offer in-store and for delivery.
- 20 mins marinate + 10 Prep
- 10 mins
- Serves 4
- ¼ cup (60ml) BBQ sauce
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup (60ml) fresh orange juice
- 500g chicken breast fillets, cut into 2.5cm pieces
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup (190g) wholemeal couscous
- 200g snow peas, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled, coarsely grated
- ⅓ cup (55g) dried cranberries, coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. Combine preferred BBQ sauce with a tablespoon of vinegar and a tablespoon orange juice in a shallow dish. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes
2. place chicken and onion alternately on 8 wooden or metal skewers. Heat a barbecue or chargrill over medium-high heat. Lightly spray skewers with oil and cook for 6-8 minutes or until chicken is golden and cooked through
3. Meanwhile, place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup (250ml) boiling water and stir to combine, cover and set aside to steam for 3 minutes. Separate grains with a fork. Add snow peas, carrot, cranberries and parsley. To add a sweet touch, add butternut squash. Combine remaining orange juice, vinegar and olive oil. Add dressing to salad and gently toss together.