Cooking a perfect steak is easy when you follow these steps!
- Bring the steak to room temperature before cooking.
- Heat the pan to a moderate heat. Too hot and you will scorch the steak before it can cook.
- Season your steak before putting it in the pan
- Cook on one side until moisture appears, then gently turn over
- Test the ‘doneness‘ with a light pressure on top of the meat. A rare steak will feel soft, medium should feel springy and a well done steak will feel firm.
- Remove from the pan and allow it to rest in a warm place (or cover in foil) for 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
Try this at home – Order beef steak