Your Perfect Pork Roast
These key points are what makes a perfect roast pork that your guests will surely crave for:
- Purchase Unrolled boneless pork shoulder (skin-on for the crackling!)
- Please be sure the skin is dry
- No need to score the skin
- Roast uncovered for the whole time to keep it dry
- Slow roasting to slow cook the flesh until tender, then change to high to create crackling
- Ensure the skin surface is levelled. You can use scrunched up balls of foil underneath the pork. Because a levelled surface will ensure a balanced crackling throughout.
This is a no fuss recipe; No blow dryers, boiling hot water, or leaving the pork to air dry in the fridge overnight.
It’s the simplest way to make, and works Every. Single. Time.
NOTE: Order your roast pork for Christmas. Pre orders available until 15 December, 2020 for delivery across South Australia.
How to make Pork Shoulder Roast
These steps are depicted in the step photos below:
- Season the pork with salt, pepper and optional fennel with a drizzle of oil
- Place onion and garlic in pan
- Add wine into pan (see recipe for subs)
- Roast uncovered in a low oven 160C/320F for 2.5 hours
- Remove from oven
- Level surface using foil balls
- Roast at 240C/450F for 30 minutes until crackling is puffy and crisp
- Make gravy while pork is resting