FRESH WHOLE TURKEY
A whole turkey always tastes and looks amazing on a Christmas or Thanksgiving table spread. It will also feed a lot of people depending on its weight. See below for suggested serving size. 4kg – Serves 8-10 5kg – Serves 10-12 6kg – Serves 12-15 7kg – Serves 15-20 8kg – Serves 20-25 PLEASE NOTE:
Our online orders for turkey
must be pre-ordered by 18th December. You can choose your weight size upon checkout on the additional comments box and your stuffing options before adding to cart.
FRESH WHOLE TURKEY BREAST
This is an ideal option for your Christmas or Thanksgiving feast if you are looking for a smaller alternative to a large whole turkey. It’s easier to carve and is certainly still a perfect centrepiece. Our free range turkey breast is available as a single or double breast. The turkey breast is rolled, skin on and then netted – ready to roast. Please Note:
Our rolled turkey roasts
are also available stuffed with your choice. simply choose for selection box to choose and add to cart. Single Breast (1.5kg) – Serves 6 Double Breast (3kg) – Serves 12
IMPORTANT NOTES BEFORE YOU START
- Remove your turkey from the fridge 20/30 minutes before placing in the oven. Ideally it should be longer, especially with larger birds as a Summer Christmas in the Queensland heat isn’t best friends with raw poultry. You’ll need to be mindful of the heat and be careful of how long your bird is out of the fridge before cooking.
- The best way to tell if your turkey is cooked is by using a cooking thermometer. The recommended internal temperature for cooked poultry is 75°C. Always double-check by sticking the probe in several different spots within the thigh or breast, to find the lowest reading. If returning to the oven, allow 10-15 minutes, then test again until the correct temperature is reached.
- Without a thermometer, the classic way to test is to push a spoon under the turkey leg so that it pierces the skin (or use a skewer), and inspect the juices that collect in the spoon. The juices should be pale gold and clear; if there are traces of blood, return to the oven as above.
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- ALL SIZES START AT 200°C for 20 mins
- Drop the temperature to 160°C and follow suggested cooking times below.
4kg – 20 min + 2 hours & 40 mins 5kg – 20 min + 3 hours & 20 mins 6kg – 20 min + 4 hours 7kg – 20 min + 4 hours & 40 mins 8kg – 20 min + 5 hours & 20 mins OR UNTIL INTERNAL TEMPERATURE READS 75°C | 165°F
(Refer to Important Notes
above for details on using a digital thermometer to read the internal temperature.)
It is essential to rest your turkey for 30-45 minutes before carving (the temperature will continue to rise). Put the bird in a warm place, tented with foil. It won’t get cold – but it will become juicier, and easier to carve.