Roast Pork with Crispy Crackling
Your Perfect Roast Pork CracklingThese key points are what makes a perfect roast pork crackling that your guests will surely crave for:
- Purchase Unrolled boneless pork shoulder (skin-on for the crackling!)
- Please be sure the skin is dry
- No need to score the skin
- Roast uncovered for the whole time to keep it dry
- Slow roasting to slow cook the flesh until tender, then change to high to create crackling
- Ensure the skin surface is levelled. You can use scrunched up balls of foil underneath the pork. Because a levelled surface will ensure a balanced crackling throughout.
- Season the pork with salt, pepper and optional fennel with a drizzle of oil
- Place onion and garlic in pan
- Add wine into pan (see recipe for subs)
- Roast uncovered in a low oven 160C/320F for 2.5 hours
- Remove from oven
- Level surface using foil balls
- Roast at 240C/450F for 30 minutes until crackling is puffy and crisp
- Make gravy while pork is resting
There’s something comforting about a cooked chook - crispy skin on the outside with juicy, succulent meat underneath, and topped with a drizzle of pan juice gravy. Does it get any better? Well, yes, it does. When it’s one...
Chicken Kiev (2 pack)
Crumbed and fried to perfection, nothing beats a Chicken Kiev for a quick weeknight meal. 100% barn raised & cage-free RSPCA Approved South Australian Available individually or in packs of 4 Best Cooked: Pan fry or baked served with mash...