Bavette with Demi Glacè Brandy & Green Peppercorn
Lean and full of flavour, our Flank Steak turned into this glorious Bavette with Demi Glacé Brandy sauce recipe. All you need to feed the whole family!
All our beef cuts are 100% South Aussie grown, GMO & Hormone Free. Enjoy free delivery on quality meats across Adelaide and Melbourne.
- Flank Steak
- 1 x Shallot
- 2 x tblspoon green peppercorn
- 60ml Brandy
- 180ml Demi-Glace
- 80ml Heavy Cream
Featured Chef: Justin Pitt
- Remove the trimmed flank from refrigerator and allow to reach room temperature.
- Heat cast iron pan over medium high heat, then add light covering of oil and heat until slightly smoking.
- Season the flank steak liberally with salt and pepper and place on the pan browning well on each side about two to three minutes.
- Flip the steak every thirty seconds until cooked to your liking (approx. a further 3 minutes)
- Remove and rest steak on paper towel.
- Using the same pan add oil and melt the butter, then soften the shallots.
- Add the green pepper corns and heat quickly followed by brandy to deglaze the pan, let it flame!
- Once flame is out add demi-glace and combine, stir through thyme and cream, reduce for one minute until sauce is well combined.
- Plate flank on plate and cover with sauce until pooling over the sides.
- Serve with roast vegetables, mash or chips.