Lamb Curry By Sashi Cheliah MasterChef Winner 2018
This Homemade Lamb Curry is truly a MasterChef quality dish!
Sashi Cheliah has created a delicious blend of spices to create this family-friendly Lamb Curry. In just 30-40 minutes, you have this glorious curry perfect for the winter season.
Lamb Curry with Cumin Rice
- 5tbsp ghee or oil
- 1tsp cumin
- 2 large onion grated (Fry 6-7 mins)
- 1kg Meat At The Mount Diced Lamb
- 1tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1/2tsp turmeric
- 2tsp chilli
- 2tsp coriander
- 2tsp smoked paprika
- 2tsp salt
- 1 canned tomato (400g)
- 500ml water 30mins covered
- 1tbsp garam masala
- ¼ cup coconut cream
- coriander leaves
- sliced ginger
Watch full recipe vide here
Best Served with Rice & Raita
- Heat the oil on medium pot and add the cumin, once the cumin starts to fragrant add the grated onion and fry for 6-7mins until the onion turns light brown.
- Add lamb pieces and coat well with onion. Cook for 2-3mins over high heat for meat to turn brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste, turmeric, chilli powder, coriander powder, paprika and salt, mix well. Cook the spices until the oil separates away from the spices mix.
- Add canned tomato and water, mix well and cook for 30mins covered with lid or the meat is tender.
- Lastly add garam masala and coconut cream and remove from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped coriander or mint and sliced ginger.
- Best served with Rice and raita.