T-Bone steak is a beautiful and flavourful cut, featuring a T shaped bone with meat either side.
Searing at a high temperature creates a delicious caramelized juicy meat in the middle.
Let the meat rest 30mins to an hour in room temperature.
For best results, pan sear the steak then finish in the oven.
How to cook T-Bone Steak
- Allow the steak to reach room temperature (allow to sit for 30-60 minutes before cooking)
- Dry the steak by patting it down with a paper towel
- Season by rubbing both sides of the steak with oil and then adding salt and pepper
- Preheat a cast-iron skillet to a high heat.
- Add oil to the hot skillet and when it starts to smoke carefully add the steak
- Sear the steak for 2 minutes for the first side, then flip
- Add some minced garlic, butter and fresh rosemary
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Cook in the oven until it reaches your desired done-ness
- Remove the steak and allow it to rest for about 5 minutes.
Marinating a T-Bone?
Since the T-bone meat is already a tender cut, there's no need to marinate the meat. One can fully enjoy this cut by simply adding seasoning before cooking to avoid overpowering its natural flavours.
Finishing in the Oven
After searing the steak, finish it up in the oven at around 200°C. This avoids burning and drying out the exterior but ensures the center cooks through to perfection.
|T-bone Steak Doneness (1-inch)
||Oven Bake Time
Add 2-3 more minutes for each additional 1/2 inch thickness.
How to serve T-Bone Steak?
Serve your T-bone by cutting the meat away from the bone and then slicing into strips.