How To Choose Your Steak
We love our steaks but how much do we actually know about each cut? When ordering your favourite cut of steak, we recommend choosing a cut that is between lean and fatty. Steaks with marbling, are often sought for. Hence, why Wagyu can be more expensive. Sourcing your quality beef from your trusted Butchers could be just as good! Every steak cut has its own personality. A fillet mignon is favoured by many for its tenderness while ribeye or strip loin is preferred by some for its tendernes and flavour. Here is a simple infographic guide to help you choose the perfect steak for an unforgettable bbq party:
- SIRLOIN - Considered to be a prime steak. like fillet but has more flavour. Best served medium-rare.
- T-BONE - To make sure it cooks evenly, it's best finished in the oven. Great for sharing.
- BAVETTE - Cheap cut that is served no more than medium and is great for the barbeque.
- FILLET - Prized as the most tender cut and the most expensive. It has a little fat and is best served as rare as you like.
- RIB-EYE - There are two cuts to note: Rib-eye boneless and usually serves one and the rib on the bone, also known as a cote de boeuf, which traditionally serves two. Best served medium-rare.
- RUMP - Flavourful and affordable. Can be cooked as individual steaks, flash-fried and served whole or barbecued as large piece.
- ONGLET - Also called hanger steak, very lean and rope-shaped. Needs to be served rare otherwise can become to tough to eat.
Order your favourite steak cuts and try out different ways to cook them.
A quick and easy favourite crumbed protein here at the butcher's. Made up of thinly sliced boneless shoulder steak or topside. Grass-fed beef, 100% South Australian grown Sold per kg Best cooked: Shallow-frying is the most popular method for cooking...
$11.99 from $9.50
Diced Beef Steak
Perfect for adding unmistakable flavour to your slow cooked stews and casseroles, our hand-cut diced beef is as convenient as it is tasty! And the secret to fall-apart tender chunks? Sear it quickly then cook it slowly… trust us. 100%...
$9.75 from $8.00
Porterhouse Steak (2 pack)
A true powerhouse in the steak world and seriously popular with beef lovers everywhere, our expert butchers make sure each Porterhouse is cut just as it should be - lean and mean, ready for grilling to your liking before sitting down...
Legacy1841 Beef Burgers
6 pack of patties Frozen 100% South Australian beef GMO & Hormone Free Halal certified beef
The Mighty Grill Box
2x 600g Rump Steaks 2x 300g Scotch Fillet Steaks 4 Chicken Mignons 1kg Beef Mince 1kg Beef Natural Skin Sausages 1kg Bacon 1kg Lamb Loin Chops 8 Beef Patties 1kg Chicken Breast + PLUS + 1x Seasonal Fruit & Veg...
The Butcher's Cut
TEXAS DIRT Skip the charcoal grill without sacrificing flavour! Whether you’re cooking on the cast iron, or on a gas grill, Texas Dirst is crafted to capture the natural wood smoke flavour that every cut of meat deserves!Best used: Beef, Wild Game. Ingredients: Sea...